I have been trying to find new ways to get vegetables into Miss D, and ways to make them more interesting. Today we tried some fritters, these are a great way of using up whatever you have around the house, they are ridiculously way to make, and the kids can help too.
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 3 eggs
- Grate or finely chop all of the vegetables into a bowl
- Break all the eggs into another bowl and briefly whisk (if you are brave enough, why not let the children do this?!)
- Pour the egg mixture into the vegetables and mix until everything is coated
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan
- Put a tablespoonful into the pan and press a little, just enough to make everything stick together
- Cook for a minute or so, then turn over and cook for a further minute, or until nicely browned
We dipped them into a little tomato ketchup and soured cream, yummy!