It’s been a wet weekend for us – so much for the snow we were promised!
Because of the wet weather we have stayed indoors and made some blueberry muffins.
To ease the guilt somewhat we have added some oats, and I also snuck in some linseed and ground almonds when no one was looking…
Miss D loves to help baking, so she was allowed to help weigh the ingredients, break the eggs then fill he paper cups. It’s messy but fun!
- 2 large eggs
- 4oz self raising flour
- 4oz butter
- 4oz golden caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 punnet blueberries, washed
- 2oz eggs
- 1oz linseed
- 1oz ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth, then add the flour,eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined
- stir in most of the oats (keep some back to sprinkle on top), the almonds and linseed.
- Dust 3/4 of the punnet of blueberries in a little flour (this stops them sinking to the bottom of the batter), then add to the mix and stir.
- Fill cupcake or muffin cakes with the mixture (you should get 8-10 depending on the size of the cases).
- Put a couple of the remaining blueberries, a sprinkle of oats and a sprinkle of sugar onto the top of each cake.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes, take out of the oven once they are firm to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy – we are currently eating them, still warm from the oven, with glasses of milk and Peter Pan on the TV. Happy times 😀