I am going to create a bullet journal to track what I am doing each week – plus I can feed my (minimal) arty side at the same time!
I had never heard of a bullet journal until very recently – I saw a Facebook friend talking about it, so I did some research (on Pinterest, obviously), and it is a really handy way to track your life.
One of the key things about a bullet journal is that they are personal to you. Only you can decide how you want to use it and what you would like to use it for, and if you do a Google search you will find hundreds of blogs and websites talking about ‘bujo’s’.
You can track everything from inspirational quotes, to daily spend, to housework rota’s, to how much water you have drunk. Some people use a journal daily, some monthly.
I have purchased an A5 notebook, and this is what I plan to do.
- The first page will be an index – I think this will be necessary later in the year so I can find the pages I need!
- The second page lists all the things I want to achieve in 2017.
- I have left a blank page as I am sure I will think of other useful things to put there.
- The following blank double pages will be my weekly planners – from Monday to Sunday each week. I will create all the pages for a month in advance, so I can just refer back to it and add in any additional notes.
- On the left hand side I will record the dinner menu for the week – I want to start pre-planning what we will eat in advance. I have never done this before, but I hope this will reduce our food expenses as I usually have to go to a shop at least 3 times a week.
- I will also record any exercise I do. I aim to complete three workouts each week, and I want some variety – some time in the gym, some fitness yoga and also one HiiT session per week.
- On the right hand side I will record our family activity for the week. I am also recording what I will take to work for lunch – again, to try to reduce food costs.
I think as time goes on I will continue to add to the pages, I have already seen a clever water tracker so I will also include this in future weeks.
You will see that I am not great at drawing, but you can find lots of ides to decorate your journal online, and actually there is something quite therapeutic about colouring in…..!
I have started a Pinterest board to collect all the ideas I find, you can see it here.
In a couple of months I will give an update to let you know how it is going! In the meantime, I’d love to hear your suggestions – do you use a bullet journal?