The mania of Christmas and New Year is over, and normality has resumed! I am back at work, Miss D is back at Pre-school, life is starting to feel calm again.
We had a wonderful festive season, but it was so busy and got a bit overwhelming for Miss D at times – we had the occasional overwrought emotional outburst!
It is time for me to start to think about what I want to achieve this year – I don’t make resolutions, as I always break them within a month.
So what I will do instead is to think about what I want to have done by the end of the year, and by doing that, I can set out a plan to work out how to get there.
Here is what I have come up with so far…
- Learn some new skills (Crochet to start with!).
- Read more books (I managed 6 last year and two of those were read on holiday….). I use to read two to three books a week pre-children, and really miss it.
- Get healthier and fitter – I am not going to set a weight or size goal as that is setting myself up to fail before I have even started, but we have a ski holiday booked in March and I want to be able to finish a days skiing without feeling exhausted!
- Take more photographs – 2016 has been a write off when it comes to taking photo’s.
- Turn Miss D’s bedroom into a little girls room (it is still decorated with the baby decor).
I am going to create a bullet journal to support this, and I will write a blog about this in the next few days.